Sunday 21 March 2010

Animatic

No Typical Love Story - Animatic from Nikola Mimic on Vimeo.



I created an animatic for my teaser in order to give viewers an insight as to what the film will be about, and potentially look like. In order to create an animatic I had to draw out each shot separately, which I then put together on flash to achieve the illusion of the characters in the shots moving. Despite, the process of drawing each shot being time consuming, the end result was positive and useful in giving an insight as to what the teaser would look like.

The images of all the shots were put together on flash which was time consuming, as I had to adjust the frame-rate of the animatic, but also needed to add music, and edit it according to the length of the animatic. I also had to add an opening title which as ‘No Typical Love Story’ which was obviously the title of our film and the strap line at the end of the animatic ‘When love can come as a complete surprise’. I decided that the optimal frame rate would be between 10-15 fps, otherwise the animatic would be too short and not look as effective.

No comments: