Friday 26 March 2010

Mock-up (Website) and Website Analysis

Website Mock Up

Home Page - Mock-Up Analysis:

Above are the mock-ups for my home page, trailer/story page and the gallery page, as I will be creating three different parts of my website. I decided my website would be inspired by my poster resulting in a consistent theme, thus allowing the audience to recognise the film quicker. Firstly, I will analyse my home page mock-up. The font for my film title will be ’28 Days Later’ which is identical to the one on the website, as I intend to keep the theme of the film consistent. Also, the same colours will be used to complement and maintain the theme of the film and poster. The title, strap line and actor name will be on the top of the website, and will have the actor names above the film title, then the film title and finally the strap line. The image for the main page will be the same as on the poster, but will be edited slightly according to the websites layout. The trademark tree will be in the top left corner of the website which was featured on the poster, and should allow the audience to identify the film quicker. The navigational bar will go along the side of the image, and will lead to two other different pages which are; the trailer/story page and the gallery page. The navigational bar will also feature social media buttons, which are linked to a Facebook and Twitter fan page. The bottom of the website will feature the billing box, which will include all the actors starring in the film, editors, directors etc. Also, along the bottom of the page will be the film rating and other copyright, legislation laws. Overall, I intend to meet as many codes and conventions of a film poster which will hopefully result in a sleek and professional looking website.

Trailer/Story Page - Mock-Up Analysis:

For my trailer/story page I used the same title, actor name and strap line from the home page to maintain the theme of the website Again, I will feature the trademark tree which the audience should be able to recognise and straight away relate it to the film. However, I will need to edit the size in order to accommodate for other features on the website such as the trailer, the image below the trailer and the storyline beside the trailer. The resolution my teaser will play at is 400x320, and can be played in fullscreen as well. I will also feature a release date ‘Summer 2010’ beneath the title and strap line so the audience are informed if they are interested as to when the release date is. I will also feature the storyline beside the trailer so the audience can gain a little more insight as to what the film is about. The final feature of the website is the billing box once again along the bottom of the page, to maintain the theme and meet codes and conventions.

Gallery Page - Mock-Up Analysis:

The final part of my website is the gallery page which will feature a slideshow gallery of images from the film, and is more of an additional feature which the audience may look at as well as a code and convention for film websites. Through my research I identified that many film websites include a gallery page, and is a code and convention. Therefore, I decided to include this feature on my website. Once again, the page will be consistent with the other two pages, as it uses the same font and colours. At the top of the page are the actor name, title, strap line and release date. However, I will decrease the size of these features to accommodate for the slideshow which would be embedded in the website beneath. On the bottom half of the page I will feature an edited a photo of a bridge which I took along the Regents Canal. The image will be edited to black and white, in order to keep the theme consistent. Also, I will once again feature the trademark tree in the top left corner of the website to maintain the theme of the website, and once again will allow the audience to identify the film. Along the bottom of the page will be the billing box, which will be featured to maintain the theme of the website and keep the theme consistent.

Website Analysis:

Website Analysis

No comments: